To be eligible to compete in the Miss Omaha/Miss Douglas County Competition you must:
- Must be at least seventeen years of age at the time of your first competition and no older than twenty-five years of age on December 31st of the year she is chosen to represent her state in the National Finals.
- Be at least a senior in high school
- Be a United States citizen
- Meet residency requirements for competing in the Omaha/Douglas County and Nebraska area
- Complete and sign the contract
- Complete the Resume and Platform statement according to the instructions as set forth by the Miss America Organization
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements
- Be able to meet the time commitment & job responsibilities as set forth by the Miss Omaha/Miss Douglas County Scholarship Organization in which you compete.
- If we have enough participants in the competition we will be crowning two titleholders – Miss Omaha and Miss Douglas County
All pageant paperwork and CMN Funds are due to the pageant director by noon on the Monday preceding the pageant.
Lateness will result in you not competing at that pageant:
- Complete the new MAO fact sheet, which is a two-fold document (links for instructions below): Resume & Platform Statement (2 pages only)
- Set up a login for the CMN funds – $100 will need to be raised before the Miss Omaha/Miss Douglas County competition (link below)
- Fill out the Miss America Local Contract – Available from the Directors
- Fill out the Miss Omaha/Miss Douglas County Contestant Packet Information
MAO has given specific instructions for setting the resume and fact sheets on the computer and below are examples of each. Contestants will need to fill out both for your local. PLEASE USE THE LINKS BELOW, NOT OLD FACT SHEETS YOU HAVE DONE in the past – THIS IS THE PAPERWORK UTILIZED FOR STATE.
Links for paperwork below:
Dottie Matthies Community Service Scholarship Award
Also available to all our contestants competing is the Dottie Matthies Community Service Scholarship Award. The award is posthumously named after a Miss Omaha/Miss Douglas County Volunteer Dottie Matthies who epitomized what serving should be. This is a $200 scholarship and is NOT part of the judging for the pageant. It is a separate award given to the contestant that has done outstanding work on her platform and other volunteer work. This is found in your Local Contestant Packet.
PLEASE CONTACT US AT MISSOMAHAMAO@GMAIL.COM FOR QUESTIONS